The list below shows ancestors who have made their impact by serving in the military during wartime. Like the Notable List, this list is not all inclusive, and will grow over time as I have more time to research and document the activities of others in this database. Military veterans are grouped chronologically by war, and then alphabetically.French and Indian War
US Revolutionary War
- Woodson, Obadiah (1712-1767) – Captain of a Prince Edward County volunteer militia company that mounted several expeditions against the Shawnee Indians. Woodson relation.
War of 1812US Civil WarIndian WarsWorld War 1World War 2Vietnam War
- Browning, Charles H (1746-1839) – Served as a captain; Woodson relation.
- Cobb, William (1730-1797) – Served as a lieutenant in Capt. Jesse Cobb's company of North Carolina troops. Cobb relation.
- Duncan, William (1725-1794) – Served as a 1st Lieutenant in John Hamilton's Company H of the Pennsylvania militia. Woodson Relation.
- Isbell, William (1731-1807) – Furnished beef, bacon, and wheat to the army. Woodson relation.
- McDill, John (1762-1848) – Served in the South Carolina militia. Woodson relation.
- Moffet, William (1738-1794) – Served as a private in Colonel Water's Regiment of South Carolina Troops. Woodson relation.
- Morton, John (1720-1796) – Served as a captain in the 4th Virginia Regiment. Woodson relation.
- Strother, John Dabney (1721-1795) – Served in the "Culpepper Committee Safety." Woodson relation.
- Woodson, Jacob (1748-1843) – Served as a captain in the 4th Virginia Regiment. Woodson relation.
- Reyes, Roy Cuaron (1931-2018) – Career soldier who distinguished himself during the Vietnam War, earning a Silver Star and two Bronze Star Medals. Reyes relation.