Wallace William Cobb1,2,3
born 26 May 1882, died 31 January 1948
Facts and Notes
- Anecdote: Carrie Lee Brownlee; See person note4
- Birth: 26 May 1882; Alabama, USAB1,3,2,5
- Residence: 1900; Vernon, Lamar County, Alabama, USAB; Age: 18; Marital Status: Single; Relation to Head of House: Son5
- Occupation: 1930; Dealer3
- Residence: 1930; Vernon, Lamar County, Alabama, USAB; Age: 47; Marital Status: Married; Relation to Head of House: Head3
- Death: 31 January 19481,2
- Burial: After 31 January 1948; Vernon Cemetery, Vernon, Lamar County, Alabama, USAB2
- Note: Martha Stone Cobb Daniel wrote the following about Wallace Cobb and Carrie Lee Brownlee: "Wallace married Carrie Lee Brownlee, whom he first met when she was fifteen. As the years went by, their paths crossed again, the third time they met, cupid must have used his dart, for it was not long before he followed her to the Church Camp grounds for the meetings and proposed to her on the Church steps - Funny about Daddy, as he loved all horse flesh until his death, and even had the nerve to judge a lady by her step - As the years went by, if Mama was too quiet, I readily knew why -- With this unusual silence there, you could detect her cocked eyebrow riding high -- This was to indicate Daddy had been in the spirits again -- Daddy was a gentleman though, because he fought a man once for a slight remark about his sister and niece who were the first ladies to ride astride and of all things in pants - After that experience, Chappell was never allowed to sit a horse - I am glad I was younger than Chap, because Daddy put me on a horse when I was so small it really did not matter if I wore a dress, bloomers or drawers."
- [S457] Daniel, Martha Stone, Genealogy Project, Daniel, Martha Stone. Genealogy Project. Privately held by Provided by Richard S. Cobb, Arlington, Virginia, 1995., Descendants of Alexander Cobb
- [S362] Online database, Find A Grave, Wallace William Cobb memorial page, number 45415890, created by M&M, 13 Dec 2009; citing gravestone in Vernon Cemetery, Vernon, Lamar County, Alabama, USA. (https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=Cobb&GSiman=1&GScid=26881&GRid=45415890&: accessed 23 March 2017).
- [S375] Ancestry.com, 1930 United States Federal Census, United States of America, Bureau of the Census. Fifteenth Census of the United States, 1930. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, 1930. T626, 2,667 rolls., Year: 1930; Census Place: Vernon, Lamar, Alabama; Roll: 21; Page: 1B; Enumeration District: 0001; Image: 234.0; FHL microfilm: 2339756, Record for Wallace W Cobb
- [S26] Daniel, Martha Stone Cobb, Daniel, Martha Stone Cobb, "Cobb Notes" to Cobb, Richard and Marianna, Geneaology Correspondence, Geneaology Correspondence., 25 November, 1971
- [S449] Ancestry.com, 1900 United States Federal Census, Year: 1900; Census Place: Vernon, Lamar, Alabama; Roll: 23; Page: 3A; Enumeration District: 0043; FHL microfilm: 1240023, Record for Rowland W Cobb