born 1589, died 1656
Facts and Notes
- Birth: 1589; EnglandB3,4
- Birth: 1598; EnglandB2,1
- Marriage: 1609; Joseph Cobb; EnglandB4,4
- Arrival: 1623; Virginia, USAB5
- Probate: 1653; Isle of Wight County, Virginia, USAB; Joseph Cobb aged 60 years. Leg.-wife Elizabeth 300 A. called Goose Hill land; son Benjamin; son Pharoah; daughter Elizabeth.6
- Death: 1656; Isle of Wight County, Virginia, USAB3,1,4
- [S20] John E. Cobb Jr, Cobb Jr., John E., Cobb and Cobbs: Early Virginians, Cobb Jr., John E.. Cobb and Cobbs: Early Virginians. Alexandria, Virginia: The Durant Publishing Company, 1976, pg 91
- [S367] Yates Publishing, U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900, This unique collection of records was extracted from a variety of sources including family group sheets and electronic databases. Originally, the information was derived from an array of materials including pedigree charts, family history articles, querie, Source number: 56.000; Source type: Electronic Database; Number of Pages: 1; Submitter Code: CGC, Record for Joseph Cobb
- [S448] Ancestry.com, U.S., Find A Grave Index, 1600s-Current, Record for Joseph S. Cobbs
- [S679] Ancestry.com, Global, Find A Grave Index for Burials at Sea and other Select Burial Locations, 1300s-Current, Find A Grave. Find A Grave. http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi, Record for Elizabeth Cobbs
- [S488] Ancestry.com, U.S. and Canada, Passenger and Immigration Lists Index, 1500s-1900s, Filby, P. William, ed. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index, 1500s-1900s. Farmington Hills, MI, USA: Gale Research, 2012, Place: Virginia; Year: 1623; Page Number: 64, Record for Elizabeth Cobb
- [S685] Ancestry.com, Virginia, Land, Marriage, and Probate Records, 1639-1850, Chalkley, Lyman. Chronicles of the Scotch-Irish Settlement in Virginia, 1745-1800. Extracted from the Original Court Records of Augusta County. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1965. Originally published in 1912.
Crozier, William Armstrong, ed. Virginia County Records - Spotsylvania County Records, 1721-1800. Being transcriptions from the original files at the County Court House of wills, deeds, administrators and guardians bonds, marriage licenses, and lists of revolutionary pensioners. New York, NY: Fox, Duffield Co., 1905.
The will abstracts for Isle of Wight and Norfolk counties were taken from microfilmed copies of the original Will Books. Some of these records may be found at the Family History Library as well as other libraries and archives. The originals may be found at the appropriate county courthouses.
For individual sources please see the Notes section listed with each record, Record for Joseph Cobb