Facts and Notes
- Birth: 1612; EnglandB1,2
- Arrival: 1623; Virginia, USAB2
- Probate: 1653; Isle of Wight County, Virginia, USAB; Joseph Cobb aged 60 years. Leg.-wife Elizabeth 300 A. called Goose Hill land; son Benjamin; son Pharoah; daughter Elizabeth.3
- [S20] John E. Cobb Jr., Cobb Jr., John E., Cobb and Cobbs: Early Virginians, Cobb Jr., John E.. Cobb and Cobbs: Early Virginians. Alexandria, Virginia: The Durant Publishing Company, 1976., pg 91
- [S488] Ancestry.com, U.S. and Canada, Passenger and Immigration Lists Index, 1500s-1900s, Filby, P. William, ed. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index, 1500s-1900s. Farmington Hills, MI, USA: Gale Research, 2012., Place: Virginia; Year: 1623; Page Number: 64, Record for Elizabeth Cobb
- [S685] Ancestry.com, Virginia, Land, Marriage, and Probate Records, 1639-1850, Chalkley, Lyman. Chronicles of the Scotch-Irish Settlement in Virginia, 1745-1800. Extracted from the Original Court Records of Augusta County. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1965. Originally published in 1912.
Crozier, William Armstrong, ed. Virginia County Records - Spotsylvania County Records, 1721-1800. Being transcriptions from the original files at the County Court House of wills, deeds, administrators and guardians bonds, marriage licenses, and lists of revolutionary pensioners. New York, NY: Fox, Duffield Co., 1905.
The will abstracts for Isle of Wight and Norfolk counties were taken from microfilmed copies of the original Will Books. Some of these records may be found at the Family History Library as well as other libraries and archives. The originals may be found at the appropriate county courthouses.
For individual sources please see the Notes section listed with each record., Record for Joseph Cobb