born UNKNOWN, died between 29 October and 30 November 1792
- Father: Henry Cobb (born 1687, died between 29 September and 27 November 1763)
- Mother: Mary Hardy (born UNKNOWN)
Facts and Notes
- Birth: UNKNOWN
- Death: Between 29 October and 30 November 1792; Bertie County, North Carolina, USAB1,2
- Marriage: 1748; Elizabeth McGlauhon; Bucklesberry, Bertie County, North Carolina, USAB3
- Note: James also remained in Bertie County, North Carolina, perhaps inherting his father’s property. He married Elizabeth and they had four sons: Henry, William, James, and Jesse. William was born in Craven County, North Carolina, in 1730. This suggests that the family might have moved from Bertie County at that time or, more likely, were visiting someone in Craven County (Elizabeth's family?).
REF: Cobb. JE Cobb, JR (Col, USA ret), Date and publisher unknown, pg 91.
- [S20] John E. Cobb Jr., Cobb Jr., John E., Cobb and Cobbs: Early Virginians, pg 91
- [S643] , Cobb, James, "Last Will and Testament", This will was proved at the Bertie County Courthouse on 30 November 1792
- [S710] FamilySearch, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, "International Genealogical Index (IGI)," database, Familysearch; entry for Elizabeth McGlaughon; https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/2:1:9VQV-P1K; accessed 26 August 2015, Accessed 2015-08-26