born 21 September 1787, died 3 July 1822
Facts and Notes
- Burial: Chariton County, Missouri, USAB1
- Religious Affiliation: Methodist1
- Birth: 21 September 1787; Prince Edward County, Virginia, USAB6,2,7
- Marriage: 16 April 1812; Rachel P. Robertson6
- Marriage: 2 May 1812; Rachel P. Robertson; Campbell County, Virginia, USAB3,4,5
- Marriage: 16 May 1812; Rachel P. Robertson7,2
- Arrival: 1817; Missouri, USAB; he was one of the first American settlers of the state and made the journey west from Virginia by the wagon road through the wilderness7
- Anecdote: Between 1817 and 1822; He was a man of sturdy character, and contributed largely to the development of social, religious, and interests in the new state of Missouri7
- Occupation: Before 1822; Farmer, Civil Engineer1,2,7
- Death: 3 July 1822; Chariton County, Missouri, USAB; He died at his home6,2,7
- [S436] Woodson, Robert S., Brief Family History of Robert S. Woodson, Woodson, Robert S.. Brief Family History of Robert S. Woodson. Privately held by Mary Jane Reyes, Lorton, Virginia, 2014, Robert Woodson states that Middleton Singleton attended Missouri State University in 1847. However, he probably meant the University of Missouri, which was established at Columbia in Boone County in 1839; Missouri State wasn't established until 1905.
- [S454] Woodson, Henry Morton, Historical Genealogy of the Woodsons and Their Connections, Woodson, Henry Morton. Historical Genealogy of the Woodsons and Their Connections. Memphis, Tennessee: H.M. Woodson, 1915.
A copy of this book is available on Ancestry.com (see http://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=15304), openlibrary.org (see https://openlibrary.org/books/OL1758627M/Historical_genealogy_of_the_Woodsons_and_their_connections), and Google Books (see http://books.google.com/books/about/Historical_genealogy_of_the_Woodsons_and.html?id=GuhfAAAAMAAJ), Page 94
- [S671] Ancestry.com, Virginia, Compiled Marriages, 1740-1850, Dodd, Jordan R., et al.. Early American Marriages: Virginia to 1850. Bountiful, UT, USA: Precision Indexing Publishers, Record for Richard Woodson
- [S452] Ancestry.com, Virginia, Select Marriages, 1785-1940, Virginia, Marriages, 1785-1940. Salt Lake City, Utah: FamilySearch, 2013, Record for Richard Woodson
- [S672] Ancestry.com, U.S., Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Vol I–VI, 1607-1943, Hinshaw, William Wade, et al., compilers. Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy. 6 vols. 1936–1950. Reprint, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1991–1994. Hinshaw, William Wade. Marshall, Thomas Worth, comp. Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy. Supplement to Volume. Washington, D.C.. 1948, Record for Richard Woodson
- [S439] McNaull, Margaret, Personal Family Tree, McNaull, Margaret. Personal Family Tree. Privately held by Marianna Cobb, Arlington, Virginia, 1993.
These are copies of three separate genealogical records and a personal letter that were sent by Margaret McNaull to Marianna Cobb in Virginia in 1993. The copies were on file in the home of Mary Jane and Robert Reyes of Lorton, Virginia, as of 2014, Margaret McNaull Genealogical Records, Copies sent to Marianna Cobb on 11 May 1993.
- [S555] Walker, Rosa Kershaw, Americans of Gentle Birth, Walker, Rosa Kershaw, H. D. (Hannah Daviess) Pittman. Americans of Gentle Birth: Volume 1. St. Louis, Missouri: Buxton & Skinner, 1903, pg 362