born before 1702
Facts and Notes
- Birth: Before 1702; Eldest son of John Grayson1,2
- Residence: 1737; EnglandB1
- Possessions: 27 January 1737; Spotsylvania County, Virginia, USAB; Thomas Grayson, eldest son of John Grayson of Spts. Co., colony of Va., lately deceased, to Thomas Turner of King Goerge Co., Va., Gent. 250 ster. 500 a., lying in the colony of Va., in Spts. Co., near the falls of the Rappk. River and2
- Arrival: Before 1754; Spotsylvania County, Virginia, USAB3
- [S595] James D. Evans, Haverford, PA, Genealogies of Virginia Families, Vol II (Gildart-Pettus), Grayson Family Addenda, pg. 97
- [S685] Ancestry.com, Virginia, Land, Marriage, and Probate Records, 1639-1850, Chalkley, Lyman. Chronicles of the Scotch-Irish Settlement in Virginia, 1745-1800. Extracted from the Original Court Records of Augusta County. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1965. Originally published in 1912.
Crozier, William Armstrong, ed. Virginia County Records - Spotsylvania County Records, 1721-1800. Being transcriptions from the original files at the County Court House of wills, deeds, administrators and guardians bonds, marriage licenses, and lists of revolutionary pensioners. New York, NY: Fox, Duffield Co., 1905.
The will abstracts for Isle of Wight and Norfolk counties were taken from microfilmed copies of the original Will Books. Some of these records may be found at the Family History Library as well as other libraries and archives. The originals may be found at the appropriate county courthouses.
For individual sources please see the Notes section listed with each record, Record for John Grayson
- [S595] James D. Evans, Haverford, PA, Genealogies of Virginia Families, Vol II (Gildart-Pettus), Grayson Family Addenda, pg. 103