James L. Arthur1,2,3,4
born about 1847, died 9 August 1899
Facts and Notes
- Birth: About 1847; Indiana, USAB5,2,3,4
- Residence: 1850; District 40, Greene County, Indiana, USAB2
- Residence: 1860; Beech Creek, Greene County, Indiana, USAB; Age: 135
- Marriage: 20 February 1873; Nancy Bartley1,1
- Residence: 1880; Beech Creek, Greene County, Indiana, USAB; Marital Status: Married; Relation to Head of House: Self3
- Death: 9 August 18996
- Note: From his obituary in the Bloomfield News: James Arthur, a civil war veteran living in the edge of Clay county, "but on our side of the river," was almost instantly killed last Wednesday by the falling of a large limb under which he was standing. Mr. Arthur and John Cooper were engaged in cutting timber and while falling a tree the limb was dislodged causing his death. He leaves a wife and eight children. The remains were taken to Beach Creek township Thursday and buried near Newark.
- [S697] Ancestry.com, Indiana, Marriage Index, 1800-1941, Works Progress Administration, comp.. Index to Marriage Records Indiana: Indiana Works Progress Administration, 1938-1940. Jordan Dodd, Liahona Research, comp. Electronic transcription of marriage records held by the individual counties in Indiana. Many of these records are on microfilm at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah., Greene Co Indiana; Index to Marriage Record 1821-1920 [Lacking 1828-1, W. P. A.; Book: J; Page: 244
- [S398] Ancestry.com, 1850 United States Federal Census, Year: 1850; Census Place: District 40, Greene, Indiana; Roll: M432_148; Page: 332B; Image: 113
- [S397] Ancestry.com and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 1880 United States Federal Census, Year: 1880; Census Place: Beech Creek, Greene, Indiana; Roll: 280; Family History Film: 1254280; Page: 18C; Enumeration District: 293; Image: 0365
- [S778] Louis Moore, Personal Family Tree, Provided by Martha Cobb, 2013. Descendants of Aaron Arthur., A paper copy of the genealogy was given to Robert Reyes and is the basis for this information.
- [S356] Ancestry.com, 1860 United States Federal Census, Year: 1860; Census Place: Beech Creek, Greene, Indiana; Roll: M653_262; Page: 650; Image: 228; Family History Library Film: 803262, Record for James D Arthur
- [S445] Bloomfield News, Bloomfield, Indiana (print edition), Bloomfield News. Indiana. Bloomfield., 11 August, 1899