Martha Harriet Cobb1,2,3,4
born 15 July 1925, died 7 December 1946
Facts and Notes
- Burial: In Fayette City Cemetery, Fayette, Fayette County, Alabama, USAB5
- Birth: 15 July 1925; Alabama, USAB5,6,2,3
- Residence: 1930; Douglas, Coffee County, Georgia, USAB; Age: 4; Marital Status: Single; Relation to Head of House: Daughter2
- Residence: 1935; Fayette, Fayette, Alabama, USAB3
- Residence: 1 April 1940; Fayette, Fayette, Alabama, USAB; Age: 14; Marital Status: Single; Relation to Head of House: Daughter3
- Death: 7 December 1946; Winecoff Hotel, Atlanta, De Kalb County, Georgia, USAB; According to Martha Cobb, she died in the infamous Winecoff Hotel fire and either jumped or fell from the 15th floor. Her brother Rowland had to identify the body.1,5
- [S281] Martha Cobb, Family Interview, Interviewer: Robert R. Reyes, Informant Address: Alabama, 14-16 May 2013
- [S389] Ancestry.com, 1930 United States Federal Census, Year: 1930; Census Place: Douglas, Coffee, Georgia; Roll: 348; Page: 2A; Enumeration District: 0003; Image: 49.0; FHL microfilm: 2340083, Record for Roland C Cobb
- [S390] Ancestry.com, 1940 United States Federal Census, Year: 1940; Census Place: Fayette, Fayette, Alabama; Roll: T627_32; Page: 2A; Enumeration District: 29-1, Record for Annie Lucile Cobb
- I had shown "Peggy" as her name, but I am not sure of the source of that information.
- [S362] Find a Grave memorial, Find A Grave, Martha Harriett "Peggy" Cobb memorial page, number 27131599, created by Sharon Rhoades, 27 May 2009; citing gravestone in Fayette City Cemetery, Fayette, Fayette County, Alabama, USA. (https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=cobb&GSiman=1&GScid=22769&GRid=27131599&: accessed 13 March 2017).
- [S281] Martha Cobb, Family Interview, Interviewer: Robert R. Reyes, Informant Address: Alabama