Mary Ann Pendelton Browning1,2,3,4,5,6,7
born about 1798, died 21 July 1885
Facts and Notes
- Birth: About 1798; Culpeper, Culpeper County, Virginia, USAB6,2,8,5,9
- Marriage: 18 November 1813; French Strother; Culpeper County, Virginia, USAB; Mary Ann and French were cousins3,2,4,9
- Residence: 1830; Missouri, USAB; Moved from Virginia during this year.1
- Residence: 1850; Rappahannock County, Virginia, USAB; Age: 528
- Residence: 1860; District 18, Callaway County, Missouri, USAB; Age: 6110
- Residence: 1870; Nine Mile Prairie, Callaway County, Missouri, USAB; Post Office: Jones Tanyard; Age: 7111
- Residence: 1880; Calwood, Callaway County, Missouri, USAB; Age: 81; Marital status: Widowed5
- Death: 21 July 1885; Calwood, Callaway County, Missouri, USAB6,2,9
- Burial: After 21 July 1885; Aux Vasse Presbyterian Church Cemetery, Callaway County, Missouri, USAB1,6
- [S436] Woodson, Robert S., Brief Family History of Robert S. Woodson, Woodson, Robert S.. Brief Family History of Robert S. Woodson. Privately held by Mary Jane Reyes, Lorton, Virginia, 2014., Robert Woodson states that Middleton Singleton attended Missouri State University in 1847. However, he probably meant the University of Missouri, which was established at Columbia in Boone County in 1839; Missouri State wasn't established until 1905.
- [S439] McNaull, Margaret, Personal Family Tree, McNaull, Margaret. Personal Family Tree. Privately held by Marianna Cobb, Arlington, Virginia, 1993.
These are copies of three separate genealogical records and a personal letter that were sent by Margaret McNaull to Marianna Cobb in Virginia in 1993. The copies were on file in the home of Mary Jane and Robert Reyes of Lorton, Virginia, as of 2014., Margaret McNaull Genealogical Records, Copies sent to Marianna Cobb on 11 May 1993.
- [S671] Ancestry.com, Virginia, Compiled Marriages, 1740-1850, Dodd, Jordan R., et al.. Early American Marriages: Virginia to 1850. Bountiful, UT, USA: Precision Indexing Publishers., Record for French Strother
- [S478] Ancestry.com, Virginia, Select Marriages, 1785-1940, Record for French Strother
- [S353] Ancestry.com and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 1880 United States Federal Census, Tenth Census of the United States, 1880. (NARA microfilm publication T9, 1,454 rolls). Records of the Bureau of the Census, Record Group 29. National Archives, Washington, D.C., Year: 1880; Census Place: Calwood, Callaway, Missouri; Roll: 677; Family History Film: 1254677; Page: 476D; Enumeration District: 025; Image: 0375, Record for Mary A. P. Strother
- [S403] Ancestry.com, U.S., Find A Grave Index, 1600s-Current, Record for Mary Ann Strother
- [S495] Ancestry.com, U.S., Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970, Volume: 64, Record for Mary Pendleton Browning
- [S398] Ancestry.com, 1850 United States Federal Census, Year: 1850; Census Place: Rappahannock, Virginia; Roll: M432_972; Page: 144A; Image: 288, Record for French Strother
- [S703] Judith McGhan, Genealogies of Virginia Families (Vol I; Albridgton - Gerlache), pg 417
- [S476] Ancestry.com, 1860 United States Federal Census, Year: 1860; Census Place: District 18, Callaway, Missouri; Roll: M653_610; Page: 957; Image: 377; Family History Library Film: 803610, Record for Frank Strother
- [S354] Ancestry.com, 1870 United States Federal Census, Year: 1870; Census Place: Nine Mile Prairie, Callaway, Missouri; Roll: M593_764; Page: 404B; Image: 123752; Family History Library Film: 552263, Record for French Strother