born 21 February 1870, died 8 November 1894
Facts and Notes
- Marriage: James B. Douglass1
- Birth: 21 February 1870; South Carolina, USAB; The 1870 census indicates she was born in March 1870.1,2,3
- Residence: August 1870; Hazelwood, Chester County, South Carolina, USAB3
- Death: 8 November 1894; Chester County, South Carolina, USAB1,2
- Obituary: 16 January 1895; See person note2
- Note: ...died at her home in Chester county, S. C., Nov. 8, 1894, Mrs. Maggie McDill Douglass, aged 24 years, 8 months and 17 days. Sometime over a years before her death, she was happily married, but she was not permitted to remain long with her husband and the little boy whom God had given her.
- [S260] Robert McDill Woods and Iva Godfrey Woods, McDills in America: A History of the Descendents of John McDill and Janet Leslie of County Antrim, Ireland, page 7
- [S658] Ancestry.com, Ancestry Public Member Stories, Ancestry.com, Ancestry Public Member Stories, "Death Notice" for Maggie McDill Douglass, posted by l_mccartney on 13 Sep 2012 citing "Associate Reformed Presbyterian Death & Marriage Notices Volume III: 1889-1896," page 154, by Lowry Ware; (https://www.ancestry.com/mediaui-viewer/tree/34074085/person/19989450091/media/0afaec8a-b860-4cc4-a43a-3a3167818d80; accessed 17 Oct 2017).
- [S354] Ancestry.com, 1870 United States Federal Census, Year: 1870; Census Place: Hazlewood, Chester, South Carolina; Roll: M593_1490; Page: 92A; Image: 187; Family History Library Film: 552989, Record for Samuel M Mcdill