Catherine A. Allison1
born about 1813
Facts and Notes
- Anecdote: See person note3
- Birth: About 1813; IrelandB2
- Marriage: 1 September 1825; Williamson Robert Winfield Cobb; Madison County, Alabama, USAB1
- Residence: 1860; Bellefonte, Jackson County, Alabama, USAB; Age: 472
- Note: Person Notes:
Catherine is buried with her husband Williamson and his brother Bryant in "Cobb Cemetery" in Madison County near the Flint River bridge on the old highway 431 leading from Big Cove towards Owens Crossroads. In June 1994 Mary Jane and I visited the gravesite, which is located on the original tract of land settled by David Cobb. At that time the graveyard was in a copse of trees surrounded by a cornfield. The graveyard was in very poor shape and the headstones were broken and weathered; however, Bryant Cobb's headstone was still fairly legible and, with some imagination, one could still make out Katherine' and Williamson Cobb's headstones. The size and layout of the graveyard suggests that additional people are also buried there -- more than likely David and Martha Cobb.
Note: John Allison, husband of Nancy Cobb, may have been Catherine's brother.
- [S482] Ancestry.com, Alabama, Marriages, Deaths, Wills, Court, and Other Records, 1784-1920, Alabama Department of Archives and History; Montgomery, Alabama, Record for Catherine A Allison
- [S356] Ancestry.com, 1860 United States Federal Census, Year: 1860; Census Place: Bellefonte, Jackson, Alabama; Roll: M653_11; Page: 566; Image: 574; Family History Library Film: 803011, Record for Catharine Ann Cobb
- [S625] Reyes, Robert, Eyewitness account, Reyes, Robert, Lorton, Virginia USA. Eyewitness account., Cobb Cemetery visit, June 1994