born 12 January 1686, died 9 July 1776
Facts and Notes
- Marriage: Jane McMurdo4,3
- Birth: 12 January 1686; Perthshire, ScotlandB1,1,3,4
- Death: 18 July 17703
- Will: 1776; Cumberland County, Pennsylvania, USAB; See person note below5
- Death: 9 July 1776; Cumberland County, Pennsylvania, USAB; Age: 901,4,2
- Burial: 13 July 1776; Carlisle, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania, USAB; Date estimated based on time of death.4
- Note: Cumberland Co. PA wills; Book B (FHL film 21,078)
B-212: (blank day and month) 1766, will of Thomas Duncan in Hopewell Twp., Cumberland Co. PA, yeoman, of perfect mind and memory; my just debts and funeral charges be paid and satisfied; to my wife 1/3 part of all my estate, to wit, money, lands, cattle, moveable, debts, household goods, &c.; to my son William Duncan 5 shillings; to my son John Duncan 5 shillings; to my son Stephen Duncan 5 shillings; to my son David Duncan five shillings; to my son Samuel Duncan 2/3 of what remains after my wife and the other above legacies are taken off; to my son Daniel the remaining 1/3 part after the afsd legacies and bequeathments are taken off; if my wife Jane should not survive or outlive me, then to my sons Daniel Stephen and Samuel that 1/3 part devised to my wife, equally divided; my wife Jane and my son Stephen my sole executors; revoke all former wills. /s/ Thomas Duncan; wit. William Brown, Samuel Coulter, Jno. McCallifler. Produced in court for probate by William Brown and Samuel Coulter, 18 Jan. 1776.
- [S366] Ancestry.com, U.S., Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970, Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970. Louisville, Kentucky: National Society of the Sons of the American Revolution. Microfilm, 508 rolls., Volume: 207; SAR Membership Number: 41319, Record for Thomas Duncan
- [S366] Ancestry.com, U.S., Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970, Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970. Louisville, Kentucky: National Society of the Sons of the American Revolution. Microfilm, 508 rolls., SAR Membership Number: 93170, Application for Thomas Duncan
- [S439] McNaull, Margaret, Personal Family Tree, McNaull, Margaret. Personal Family Tree. Privately held by Marianna Cobb, Arlington, Virginia, 1993.
These are copies of three separate genealogical records and a personal letter that were sent by Margaret McNaull to Marianna Cobb in Virginia in 1993. The copies were on file in the home of Mary Jane and Robert Reyes of Lorton, Virginia, as of 2014., Margaret McNaull Genealogical Records, Copies sent to Marianna Cobb on 11 May 1993.
- [S711] FamilySearch, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, "Ancestral File," database, Familysearch; Ancestral File Number JG9F-MH, entry for Thomas DUNCAN; https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/2:1:MZZS-S6V; accessed 26 August 2015
- [S624] Mary Ann (Duncan) Dobson, Duncan Research Files, Cumberland County Pennsylvania Records; accessed 7/26/2016