born 4 January 1932, died 22 September 2020
Photo of Marianne Bauer taken in 2004. (Photo: robsgenealogy.net)
Facts and Notes
- Residence: Between 4 January and June 1932; Forchheim, Bayern, GermanyBGO; Fuchsen Strasse 12
- Residence: Between June and September 1932; Forchheim, Bayern, GermanyBGO; Wiesent Strasse2
- Birth: 4 January 1932; Forchheim, Bayern, GermanyBGO; She was probably born in the residence at Fuchsen Strasse 12,3
- Baptism: 10 January 1932; Forchheim, Bayern, GermanyBGO; Pfarrkirche Forchheim3
- Residence: Between September 1932 and October 1934; Forchheim, Bayern, GermanyBGO; Marktplatz Strasse2
- Residence: Between 9 October 1934 and 1954; Forchheim, Bayern, GermanyBGO; Kasernstrasse 92
- First Communion: 27 April 1941; Forchheim, Bayern, GermanyBGO; The ceremony probably took place in the Pfarrkirche Forchheim3
- Confirmation: 19 June 1941; Forchheim, Bayern, GermanyBGO; The cermony probably took place in the Pfarrkirche Forchheim3
- Graduation: 14 July 1949; Forchheim, Bayern, GermanyBGO; She graduated from the Municpal Trade School in Forchheim with a certificate in Home Economics4
- Marriage License: 8 March 1954; Roy Cuaron Reyes; Bamberg, Bayern, GermanyBGO; After interviewing Roy and Marianne, 1LT Paul Carberry, a chaplain of the 26th Infantry Division, recommended that they be allowed to marry.2
- Marriage: 15 April 1954; Roy Cuaron Reyes; Forchheim, Bayern, GermanyBGO; Marianne and Roy were officially married on Thursday, 15 April 1954, at the registry office in Forchheim, Germany. However, they celebrated their anniversaries on 18 April, the presumed date of their church wedding in the St. Martin Catholic church in Forchheim.5
- Naturalization: 13 April 1956; Colorado Springs, El Paso County, Colorado, USABGO; US Certificate of Naturalization number 75928716
- Residence: Between January 1964 and March 1966; Warner Kasern Housing Area, München, Bayern, GermanyBG7
- Residence: Between March 1966 and August 1967; 339-1 Longstreet Dr (Custer Hill), Fort Riley, Riley County, Kansas, USABG7
- Residence: Between August 1967 and January 1969; 100 Nijmegan Rd, Fort Ord, Monterey County, California, USABG7
- Residence: Between January 1969 and March 2018; 1578 Colusa Place, Salinas, Monterey County, California, USABG7,1
- Retirement: October 1995; Salinas, Monterey County, California, USABGO; She sold her "Little Bavaria" restaurant and retired8
- Residence: April 2019; 4050 Walnut Ave, #122A, Carmichael, Sacramento County, California, USABG; She resided in the memory care unit of the Aegis Assisted Living Facility
- Death: 22 September 2020; Carmichael, Sacramento, California, USABGO; Aegis Assisted Living Community
- [S661] Ancestry.com, U.S. City Directories, 1822-1995, Original sources vary according to directory. The title of the specific directory being viewed is listed at the top of the image viewer page. Check the directory title page image for full title and publication information., Record for Roy C Reyes
- [S765] US Army, Official Correspondence, Letter from 1LT Paul Carberry, Chaplain, to Commanding Officer, 26th Infantry Regiment; Marriage Interview, 8 March 1954. The letter is part of the marriage application package prepared by Roy C. Reyes and Marianne Bauer.
- [S771] Official Records, Pfarr Kirche zu Forchheim, Geburts- und Taufzeugnis (Birth and Baptism Certificate) for Maria Anna Bauer, 9 March 1954. An official english translation of the document is attached.
- [S787] Marianne Bauer, Graduation Certificate, Städtische Berufssschule (Municipal Trade School); Forchheim, Bayern, Germany; 14 July 1949.
- [S586] Bayern, Germany, Standesamt Forchheim, Heiratskunde (Marriage Certificate), Bayern, Germany. Standesamt Forchheim. Heiratskunde (Marriage Certificate)., Nr 34/1954, Certificate for Marianne Bauer and Roy Reyes, Copy was produced by the registry office in Forchheim, Germany, on 23 August 1974.
- [S788] Official Document, US Department of Justice, Certificate of Naturalization, No. 7592871, 13 Apr 1956. Certificate issued in Colorado Springs, Colorado, to Marianne Reyes
- [S762] Firsthand Knowledge, Personal Recollection, Informant: Robert Reyes.
- [S36] Newspaper article, Advertisement, "Little Bavaria Will be Changing Hands Soon!", Salinas Californian, 7 September 1995.