M, b. 4 May 1890, d. 3 March 1974
Vicente Reyes|b. 4 May 1890\nd. 3 Mar 1974|p2.htm|Senon Reyes|b. 23 Feb 1841\nd. 13 Apr 1933|p4.htm|Hilaria Samaniego|b. c Sep 1850\nd. 16 Sep 1928|p5.htm|Sebastian Reyes|b. c 1811|p65.htm|Abina Moreno||p66.htm|||||||
|Father||Senon Reyes1 b. 23 Feb 1841, d. 13 Apr 1933|
|Mother||Hilaria Samaniego1 b. c Sep 1850, d. 16 Sep 1928|
|Charts||Decendents of Jesus Cuaron|
Descendents of Jesus Lopez
Decendents of Pilar Miranda
Decendents of Sebastian Reyes
Vicente Reyes was born on 4 May 1890 at Bisbee, Arizona.2,3 He married Batrice (?) [wife of Vicente Reyes] between 1910 and 1920.4,5 Vicente Reyes married Apolonia Cuaron, daughter of Gregorio Cuaron and Candelaria Miranda, between 10 September 1925 and 9 September 1926; On the 1930 census record, Apolonia indicates that she was 20 years old when she was married.6 Vicente Reyes witnessed the death of Hilaria Samaniego on 16 September 1928; Hilaria's cause of death is shown as "unknown" on her death certificate, as no doctor was in attendance.7 Vicente Reyes witnessed the death of Roy Reyes on 14 February 1930 at Dona Ana, Dona Ana County, New Mexico; His death occurred at 7:30 and resulted from [illegible] [illegible] caused by a [illegible] condition of teething and cold.8 Vicente Reyes witnessed the death of Senon Reyes on 13 April 1933 at Dona Ana, Dona Ana County, New Mexico; The cause of death on Senon's death certificate is barely legible, but appears to be chronic rheumatoid arthritis.9 Vicente Reyes died on 3 March 1974 at Dona Ana, Dona Ana County, New Mexico, at age 83.3 He was buried at Dona Ana Cemetery, Dona Ana, Dona Ana County, New Mexico.3
Vincente Reyes, circa1959
Vicente's son Theodoro (Ted) stated that his parents had three children who died young: a boy named "Roy," who was born before Roy C. Reyes and died at five or six months; as well as twins, who might have been born between Gregorio (1935) and Eva (1939).
Vincente is 18 years old in the 1910 census (he was listed as five in the 1900 census). The 1900 census tracks with family records and the date listed on his gravestone; perhaps he claimed to be 18 in 1910 to make it easier to find employment. In 1910 his future wife - Apolonia Cuaron - was living down the road and was not quite seven years old.
In 1920, "Bisente" (Vicente) Reyes is living next door to his father, Senon (census dwellings 201 and 202, respectively). He is married to his first wife, an older woman named Batrice (if the census taker's spellings can be trusted). Apolonia Cuaron, his future wife, is living 17 homes away (census dwelling 218) and is 15 years old at the time.10,1,5,4,11 He was a cotton farmer and managed a farm for a local family.
|Batrice (?) [wife of Vicente Reyes] b. c 1883|
|Marriage*||He married Batrice (?) [wife of Vicente Reyes] between 1910 and 1920.4,5|
|Apolonia Cuaron b. 10 Sep 1905, d. 18 May 1967|
|Marriage*||Vicente Reyes married Apolonia Cuaron, daughter of Gregorio Cuaron and Candelaria Miranda, between 10 September 1925 and 9 September 1926; On the 1930 census record, Apolonia indicates that she was 20 years old when she was married.6|
- [S147] 1900 U.S. Census, Dona Ana, Dona Ana County, Territory of New Mexico; Enumeration District 41; Supervisor's District 170; Sheet 1A; Dwelling 9; Family 9.
- [S146] Roy Reyes, Birth Certificate (Reyes, Roy C.) 275 (15 April 1931).
- [S134] Vicente Reyes Cemetery Marker, Dona Ana Cemetery, Dona Ana, Dona Ana County, New Mexico.
- [S151] 1920 U.S. Census, Precinct 2 Dona Ana, Dona Ana County, New Mexico; Enumeration District 25; Supervisor's District 211; Sheet 10B; Dwelling 201; Family 202.
- [S149] 1910 U.S. Census, Precinct 2 Dona Ana, Dona Ana County, New Mexico; Enumeration District 63; Supervisor's District 181; Sheet 6A; Dwelling 68; Family 74.
- [S152] 1930 U.S. Census, Dona Ana, Dona Ana County, New Mexico; Enumeration District 2; Supervisor's District 4; Sheet 3A; Dwelling 34; Family 49.
- [S187] Hilaria (Samaniego) Reyes, Certificate of Death (Reyes, Hilaria).
- [S183] Roy Reyes, Certificate of Death (Reyes, Roy).
- [S139] Senon Reyes, Certificate of Death (Reyes, Senon).
- [S174] Sam Reyes, "Birthdates for Reyes Family," e-mail to Robert Reyes, 20 Aug 2002.
- [S184] Interview, Ted Reyes, 10 Sep. 2003.