F, b. circa April 1859, d. after 23 August 1941
Octaviana Lopez|b. c Apr 1859\nd. a 23 Aug 1941|p13.htm|Jesus Lopez||p44.htm|Severiana Marquez||p45.htm|||||||||||||
|Charts||Descendents of Jesus Lopez|
Decendents of Pilar Miranda
Octaviana Lopez was born circa April 1859 at Guadalupe, Mexico.4,5 She married Pilar Miranda Jr., son of Pilar Miranda and Yduvigen Barela, on 28 February 1881 at St. Genevieve Catholic Church, Las Cruces, Dona Ana County, New Mexico.3 Her married name was Miranda.3 Octaviana Miranda died after 23 August 1941 at Dona Ana, Dona Ana County, New Mexico; Her husband's death certificate shows that she was still alive when he died on 23 August 1941.6,7
Octaviana Lopez (Miranda). The date of the photograph is unknown, but was probably taken in the late 1930's or early 1940's. Photo courtesy of Art Cuaron.
Pilar's wife is shown as "Petra" in the 1910 census, although in the 1900 census it is "Octavious" and in the 1920 census it is "Otabinia." Pilar and "Petra" claim in the 1910 census to have been married for 27 years, which clearly could not be the case if the 1900 census shows him married to "Octavious." The fact that he married "Octaviana" about 27 years earlier (actually they were married in 1881, which is 29 years earlier) and the similarity of the names "Octaviana," "Octavious" and "Otabinia," suggests that "Petra" was probably really "Octaviana" and that the census taker horribly butchered her name. The census takers and/or the surveyed population in Dona Ana County during the early 1900's seem to have been very careless, making numerous errors in both the spelling of names and the listing of ages.3,5,8,9
|Pilar Miranda Jr. b. 12 Oct 1855 or 13 Oct 1855, d. 23 Aug 1941|
- [S132] International Genealogical Index (IGI), Batch Number: C512901, Call Number: 0016758, Type: Film.
- [S124] International Genealogical Index (IGI), Batch Number: C512901, Call Number: 0016758, Type: Film.
- [S123] International Genealogical Index (IGI), Batch Number: M528852, Call Number: 0016758, Type: Film.
- [S153] Candelaria Miranda Cuaron, Certificate of Death (Miranda Cuaron, Candelaria).
- [S122] 1900 U.S. Census, Dona Ana, Dona Ana County, Territory of New Mexico; Enumeration District 41; Supervisor's District 170; Sheet 4B; Dwelling 85; Family 85.
- [S154] Pilar Miranda, Certificate of Death (Miranda, Pilar).
- [S196] Art Cuaron, "Art Cuaron's Genealogy."
- [S121] 1920 U.S. Census, Precinct 2 Dona Ana, Dona Ana County, New Mexico; Enumeration District 25; Sheet 7A; Dwelling 134; Family 135.
- [S120] 1910 U.S. Census, Precinct 2 Dona Ana, Dona Ana County, New Mexico; Enumeration District 63; Supervisor's District 181; Sheet 9A; Dwelling 130; Family 136.