born 1740, died 1796
Facts and Notes
- Birth: 1740; Antrim, Northern IrelandB2
- Marriage: About 1757; Ann Watson2
- Anecdote: About 1771; See person note
- Death: 17962
- Burial: 1796; Hopewell Reformed Presbyterian Church Cemetery, Blackstock, Chester County, South Carolina, USAB; According to "GMG," who created the memorial page on Findagrave, William McCaw's tombstone is believed to be one that is no longer legible in the cemetery2
- Probate: 1 March 1797; His Last Will & Testament was dated 27 Apr 1796 & probated on 1 Mar 1797. He mentions his 4 sons, 4 daughters, and wife, Ann. He appoints his eldest son, John and son-in-law (husband of Elizabeth) Edward McDaniel co-Executors2
- Note: William McCaw and his family were part of a large group of Presbyterians who followed an emigration to South Carolina, starting around 1771. He was granted 250 acres on Bull Run, Chester, South Carolina; in the bounds of what would become Purity Presbyterian and Hopewell Reformed Presbyterian churches.
- [S403] Ancestry.com, U.S., Find A Grave Index, 1600s-Current, Record for Edward Lawrence McDaniel
- [S362] Online database, Find A Grave, William McCaw memorial page, number 113261149, created by GMG, 3 Jul 2013; citing gravestone in Hopewell Reformed Presbyterian Church Cemetery, Blackstock, Chester County, South Carolina, USA. (https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=mccaw&GSfn=william&GSby=1740&GSbyrel=in&GSdy=1796&GSdyrel=in&GSst=43&GScnty=2324&GScntry=4&GSob=n&GRid=113261149&df=all&: accessed 3 August 2017).