born about 1802, died 12 December 1875
Facts and Notes
- Birth: About 1802; South Carolina, USAB4,5,6
- Residence: 1850; Chester County, South Carolina, USAB; Age: 486
- Residence: 1860; Chester County, South Carolina, USAB; Age: 577
- Residence: 1870; Lewisville, Chester County, South Carolina, USAB; Helen, age 68, was residing in her son's -- William Banks' -- household.5
- Death: 12 December 1875; Chester County, South Carolina, USAB; She was 73 years, eight months, and eight days old when she died. The obituary she was a long time a member of the Presbyterian church and was the sister of the late Rev. William Banks8
- [S436] Woodson, Robert S., Brief Family History of Robert S. Woodson, Woodson, Robert S.. Brief Family History of Robert S. Woodson. Privately held by Mary Jane Reyes, Lorton, Virginia, 2014, Robert Woodson states that Middleton Singleton attended Missouri State University in 1847. However, he probably meant the University of Missouri, which was established at Columbia in Boone County in 1839; Missouri State wasn't established until 1905.
- [S666] Ancestry.com, South Carolina, Death Records, 1821-1961, South Carolina. South Carolina death records. Columbia, SC, USA: South Carolina Department of Archives and History, Record for William B Robinson
- In his Brief Family History of Robert S. Woodson, Robert Woodson indicates that William Bank's morther was named Betsy White. However, William Bank's death certificate indicates his mother's name was Helen Banks.
- [S397] Ancestry.com and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 1880 United States Federal Census, Year: 1880; Census Place: Hazlewood, Chester, South Carolina; Roll: 1224; Family History Film: 1255224; Page: 157C; Enumeration District: 040, Record for W.B. Robertson
- [S354] Ancestry.com, 1870 United States Federal Census, Year: 1870; Census Place: Lewisville, Chester, South Carolina; Roll: M593_1490; Page: 145A; Image: 293; Family History Library Film: 552989, Record for Banks Robinson
- [S363] Ancestry.com, 1850 United States Federal Census, Seventh Census of the United States, 1850; (National Archives Microfilm Publication M432, 1009 rolls); Records of the Bureau of the Census, Record Group 29; National Archives, Washington, D.C, Year: 1850; Census Place: Chester, South Carolina; Roll: M432_851; Page: 14B; Image: 34, Record for A H Robinson
- [S415] Ancestry.com, 1860 United States Federal Census, Year: 1860; Census Place: Chester, South Carolina; Roll: M653_1217; Page: 47; Image: 97; Family History Library Film: 805217, Record for Archy Robinson
- [S658] Ancestry.com, Ancestry Public Member Stories, "Helen Banks Robinson obit," posted by KarolJay on 1 Oct 2013 citing "Marriage and Death Notices from The Southern Presbyterian, Vol II: 1865-1879" by Brent H Holcomb, p 295; (http://mv.ancestry.com/viewer/40a441a0-75f7-4199-a25f-c7a010722e32/37687381/19459154866, accessed 31 Jan 2017)