Williamson Robert Winfield Cobb, Jr.1,2
born 20 December 1832, died 19 June 1913
Facts and Notes
- Marriage: Sarah Jane Glass1
- Birth: 20 December 1832; Madison County, Alabama, USAB3,2,4
- Birth: About 1835; Alabama, USAB5
- Residence: 1910; Gurley, Madison County, Alabama, USAB; Age: 75; Marital Status: Married; Relation to Head of House: Head5
- Death: 19 June 1913; Gurley, Madison County, Alabama, USAB; Death Age: 802,3,4
- Burial: After 19 June 1913; Gurley Cemetery, Gurley, Madison County, Alabama, USAB3,4
- Note: W.R.W., Jr. was apparently close to W.R.W., because even though W.R.W. was a staunch Unionist, he allowed his Confederate nephew to take a saddle from his plantation when he stopped by there during the Civil War.
WRW Cobb Jr and his wife Sarah Jane were amongst the earliest settlers of Woodville, Owens Cross Roads, Gurley, Paint Rock, Big Cove, and surrounding areas. WRW Cobb Jr served as a Private in the Confederate Army (Russell’s AL 4th Cavalry), was Postmaster of Gurley between 1889-1894 and 1899-1901, and was a prominent Gurley businessman.
- [S31] Lou Sams, Cobb Research Notes, Recipient: Rob Reyes, Address: Madison County, Alabama, Author E-mail: email address, 7 March, 2005
- [S391] Ancestry.com, Alabama, Deaths and Burials Index, 1881-1974, Record for W R W Cobb
- [S32] Lou Sams, Williamson Robert (“Will”) Winfield Cobb Jr.Internet Website, http://gurleyalabama.contactez.net/WilliamsonRobertWinfieldCobb.html; Lou Sams, G.R.I.
- [S403] Ancestry.com, U.S., Find A Grave Index, 1600s-Current, Record for Pvt William Robert Winfield Cobb
- [S393] Ancestry.com, 1910 United States Federal Census, Year: 1910; Census Place: Gurley, Madison, Alabama; Roll: T624_24; Page: 3A; Enumeration District: 0138; FHL microfilm: 1374037, Record for Williamson Z W Cobb