born 19 May 1924, died 28 September 2009
Photo of Emma Montoya Reyes, Sep 2003. (Photo: robsgenealogy.net)
Facts and Notes
- Birth: 19 May 1924; San Ysidro, Doña Ana County, New Mexico, USAB2
- Marriage: 18 February 1950; Arnulfo Reyes1,3
- Death: 28 September 2009; Doña Ana, Doña Ana County, New Mexico, USAB2
- Anecdote: 2 October 2009; See person note below2
- Burial: 3 October 2009; Hillcrest Memorial Gardens Cemetery, Las Cruces, Doña Ana County, New Mexico, USAB2
- Note: From her obituary:
Emma M. Reyes, 85, of Doña Ana passed away Monday, September 28, 2009 at her home surrounded by her loving family. She was born May 19, 1924 in San Ysidro to Luis and Ricarda Montoya. Mrs. Reyes attended Instituto Bíblico de San Antonio and the Golden Gate Seminary where she studied Eschatology and Religious Education. She was a member of Primera Iglesia Bautista where she taught for forty years and was involved with the Women Missionary Union.
Survivors include her sons and daughters, Arnold Reyes and wife Valerie of Dallas, Texas, Kenneth Reyes of Anaheim, California, Eileen Davis and husband Benson of White Sands, Luis Reyes and Foley, Timothy Reyes and wife Mari all of Doña Ana, Roddy Reyes and wife Jodi and Lora Huerta and husband, Dr. Sergio Huerta all of Las Cruces; a sister, Molly Abeyta of Doña Ana. Other survivors include eleven grandchildren, Steve Negron, Vicente Negron, Nick Rivera, Rebecca Reyes, Alysse Reyes, Jacob Reyes, Lucas Huerta, Joel Reyes, Emma Joy Reyes, Caleb Reyes and Keegan Reyes; four great-grandchildren, Nicole Rivera, Sophie Rivera, Sevon Negron, and Fendi Peña as well as numerous nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents, and husband, Arnulfo Reyes.
Visitation for Mrs. Reyes will be held Friday, October 02, 2009 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. in Baca's Chapel of Prayer, 300 E. Boutz Road. The Funeral Service will be held Saturday, October 03, 2009 at 10 a.m. in Primera Iglesia Bautista, 905 S. Chaparro Street with Pastor James Underwood, officiating. Concluding Service and Interment will follow in Hillcrest Memorial Gardens Cemetery where she will be laid to rest.
Serving as casket bearers will be Steven and Vicente Negron, Nick Rivera, Lucas Huerta, Jacob and Joel Reyes. Honorary casket bearers will be Keegan and Caleb Reyes.
- [S36] Newspaper article, Las Cruces Sun-News (Las Cruces, New Mexico), 10 May 2007, Obituary for Mr. Arnulfo Cuaron Reyes. Online edition; accessed May 2007
- [S36] Newspaper article, Las Cruces Sun-News (Las Cruces, New Mexico), 2 October 2009, Obituary for Emma M. Reyes. Online edition; accessed 9 November 2009
- [S759] Genealogy Village, American History and Genealogy Project for NM, The posted marriage list gives Beatriz's last name as "Reyes." There is no way to know if this is actually her maiden name, or if the clerk did not know her maiden name and assigned her married name, Dona Ana County, Marriages, Recent Marriages (1908-1982), Record for Arnulfo Reyes and Emma Montoya