born 1709, died 28 June 1782
Family: Agnes Woodson (born 27 February 1711, died 10 March 1802)
Facts and Notes
- Birth: 17091
- Marriage: About 1730; Agnes Woodson1
- Residence: 1745; Little Roanoke Bridge, Charlotte County, Virginia, USAB1
- Occupation: 1769; Charlotte County, Virginia, USAB; justice of the peace1
- Occupation: Before 1782; Surveyor1
- Anecdote: Before 1782; See person note below1
- Death: 28 June 17821
- Note: He was founder of Briery Presbyterian Church, was first ruling elder and first trustee. Was trustee visitor and manager of Hampden Sidney College; justice of the peace of Charlotte county 1769, and member of the committee of safety in Charlotte county, February, 1775. (See Foote's Sketches of Virginia, vols. I and II.) This Joseph Morton was a nephew of Thomas Morton who married Agnes' sister Elizabeth Woodson.
- [S454] Woodson, Henry Morton, Historical Genealogy of the Woodsons and Their Connections, Woodson, Henry Morton. Historical Genealogy of the Woodsons and Their Connections. Memphis, Tennessee: H.M. Woodson, 1915.
A copy of this book is available on Ancestry.com (see http://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=15304), openlibrary.org (see https://openlibrary.org/books/OL1758627M/Historical_genealogy_of_the_Woodsons_and_their_connections), and Google Books (see http://books.google.com/books/about/Historical_genealogy_of_the_Woodsons_and.html?id=GuhfAAAAMAAJ), Page 36