John Fontaine Nicolds1
born 23 February 1807, died 1862
Facts and Notes
- Birth: 23 February 1807; Henry County, Virginia, USAB
- Marriage: 28 March 1833; Elizabeth Morton Woodson1
- Anecdote: Before 1862; See person note below1
- Death: 1862; Howard County, Missouri, USAB1
- Note: He was the grandson of John Nicolds and Rhoda Green, who emigrated from Ireland about 1750 and settled in Henry county, Virginia. They had only one son, Thomas Nicolds, born in Virginia about 1751, was married to Sarah Lane, died in 1826 and is buried beside his father near Spencer, in Henry county, Virginia. Thomas Nicolds and Sarah Lane had issue: Caroline, Matilda, Rhoda, Sarah (married Dandridge), Virginia (married Staples), Green Berry, and John Fontaine Nicolds, who was born February 28, 1807, in Henry county, Virginia. He went to Missouri in 1830, settling in Howard county.
They spent their entire wedded life in and near Glasgow, Howard county, Missouri, where all of their 12 children were born. He died there in 1862. His widow continued to occupy the old home and cared for their children until they were grown.
- [S454] Woodson, Henry Morton, Historical Genealogy of the Woodsons and Their Connections, Woodson, Henry Morton. Historical Genealogy of the Woodsons and Their Connections. Memphis, Tennessee: H.M. Woodson, 1915.
A copy of this book is available on Ancestry.com (see http://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=15304), openlibrary.org (see https://openlibrary.org/books/OL1758627M/Historical_genealogy_of_the_Woodsons_and_their_connections), and Google Books (see http://books.google.com/books/about/Historical_genealogy_of_the_Woodsons_and.html?id=GuhfAAAAMAAJ), Page 173