Edgar Lewis Woodson1,2,3,4,5,6
born about July 1870
Facts and Notes
- Religious Affiliation: Presbyterian3
- Birth: About July 1870; Fulton, Callaway County, Missouri, USAB2,7,3,4,5,6
- Residence: August 1870; Nine Mile Prairie, Callaway County, Missouri, USAB; Age: 2 months; Census Post Office: Jones Tanyard7
- Residence: 1880; Jackson, Callaway County, Missouri, USAB; Age: 10; Marital Status: Single; Relation to Head of House: Son2
- Residence: 1900; Stites, St Clair County, Illinois, USAB; Age: 29; Marital Status: Married; Relation to Head of House: Boarder6
- Marriage: About February 1900; Sarah Katheryn Treachel1,3,6
- Occupation: After 1900; Livestock salesman, business owner3,1,5,6,4
- Divorce: Before 1920; Sarah Katheryn Treachel5,4
- Residence: 1920; Ward 5, St Louis, Missouri, USAB; Age: 49; Marital Status: Divorced; Relationship: Lodger4
- Residence: 1930; St Louis, Missouri, USAB; Age: 59; Marital Status: Divorced; Relation to Head of House: Head5
- Note: According to the Historical Genealogy of the Woodsons and Their Connections, Edgar Woodson was raised and educated in Fulton, Missouri, he settled in East St. Louis and became one of the most efficient livestock salesmen in the National Stock Yards. After 14 years, he resigned and went into business for himself, under the firm of Woodson and Fennwald Live Stock Company, East St. Louis. He was a Democrat and a Presbyterian.
According to the Brief Family History of Robert S Woodson, William French belonged to the Freemasonry fraternal organisation.
- [S436] , Woodson, Robert S., Brief Family History of Robert S. Woodson, Robert Woodson states that Middleton Singleton attended Missouri State University in 1847. However, he probably meant the University of Missouri, which was established at Columbia in Boone County in 1839; Missouri State wasn't established until 1905.
- [S353] Ancestry.com and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 1880 United States Federal Census, Year: 1880; Census Place: Jackson, Callaway, Missouri; Roll: 677; Family History Film: 1254677; Page: 604C; Enumeration District: 032; Image: 0630, Record for Robertson Woodson
- [S454] , Woodson, Henry Morton, Historical Genealogy of the Woodsons and Their Connections, Page 439
- [S667] Ancestry.com, 1920 United States Federal Census, Year: 1920; Census Place: St Louis Ward 5, St Louis (Independent City), Missouri; Roll: T625_949; Page: 2A; Enumeration District: 103; Image: 130, Record for Edgar L Woodson
- [S375] Ancestry.com, 1930 United States Federal Census, Year: 1930; Census Place: St Louis, St Louis (Independent City), Missouri; Roll: 1242; Page: 19A; Enumeration District: 0180; Image: 128.0; FHL microfilm: 2340977, Record for Edgar L Woodson
- [S449] Ancestry.com, 1900 United States Federal Census, Year: 1900; Census Place: Stites, St Clair, Illinois; Roll: 342; Page: 12B; Enumeration District: 0127; FHL microfilm: 1240342, Record for E L Woodson
- [S471] Ancestry.com, 1870 United States Federal Census, Year: 1870; Census Place: Nine Mile Prairie, Callaway, Missouri; Roll: M593_764; Page: 404B; Image: 366; Family History Library Film: 552263, Record for Robertson Woodson