born 1819, died about 1864
Photo probably of Margaret Hodges Price. The photo was in the Hurt residence in Vernon, AL, as of 2004. (Photo: robsgenealogy.net)
Facts and Notes
- Birth: 1819; Alabama, USAB3
- Marriage: 4 September 1834; John Chappell Price; South Carolina, USAB2
- Residence: 1850; Beat 4, Marion County, Alabama, USAB3
- Residence: 1860; Lowndes County, Mississippi, USAB4
- Death: About 1864; Columbus, Lowndes County, Mississippi, USAB
- Note: Born in South Carolina, according to 1880/1910 US census listing for Laura Price (Mrs. Roland W. Cobb).
Died of typhoid fever near the close of the civil war after contracting the illness while nursing refugee soldiers in Columbus, Mississippi.
- [S21] Saunders, James Edmonds, Early Settlers of Alabama, page 122
- [S665] Hunting For Bears, comp, South Carolina Marriage Index, 1641-1965, South Carolina marriage information taken from various sources. Many of these records were extracted from copies of the original records in microfilm, microfiche, or book format, located at the Family History Library, Record for John C. Price
- [S475] Ancestry.com, 1850 United States Federal Census, Year: 1850; Census Place: Beat 4, Marion, Alabama; Roll: M432_10; Page: 108B; Image: 222, Record for John C Price (misspelled as Perce)
- [S356] Ancestry.com, 1860 United States Federal Census, Year: 1860; Census Place: Lowndes, Mississippi; Roll: M653_586; Page: 673; Image: 231; Family History Library Film: 803586, Record for J C Price