Murray Edwin Cobb1
born 14 September 1875, died 12 May 1918
Facts and Notes
- Anecdote: Mary Agusta Ezell; See person note2
- Birth: 14 September 1875; Alabama, USAB1,3,4
- Residence: 1880; Lamar County, Alabama, USAB; Age: 5; Marital Status: Single; Relation to Head of House: Son4
- Residence: 1900; Vernon, Lamar County, Alabama, USAB; Age: 25; Marital Status: Single; Relation to Head of House: Son5
- Death: 12 May 19183
- Burial: After 12 May 1918; Vernon Cemetery, Vernon, Lamar County, Alabama, USAB3
- Note: Martha Stone Cobb Daniel wrote the following about Murray Edwin Cobb and Mary Augusta Ezell: "Edward married Gussie Ezell, a pretty, dainty wisp of a thing, who never let boredom set in when Uncle Ed was aware of the wayward wind and immediately a case of wander-lust would set in - Instead, Aunt Gussie, who was so adept with needle, thread, and a wizardry thrown in, could turn out creations for her daughters that were the envy of all, and before she would know it, Uncle Ed was back again."
- [S457] Daniel, Martha Stone, Genealogy Project, Daniel, Martha Stone. Genealogy Project. Privately held by Provided by Richard S. Cobb, Arlington, Virginia, 1995, Descendants of Alexander Cobb
- [S26] Daniel, Martha Stone Cobb, Daniel, Martha Stone Cobb, "Cobb Notes" to Cobb, Richard and Marianna, Geneaology Correspondence, Geneaology Correspondence, 25 November, 1971
- [S362] Online database, Find A Grave, Murray E Cobb memorial page, number 45334720, created by M&M, 11 Dec 2009; citing gravestone in Vernon Cemetery, Vernon, Lamar County, Alabama, USA. (https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=Cobb&GSiman=1&GScid=26881&GRid=45334720&: accessed 23 March 2017).
- [S353] Ancestry.com and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 1880 United States Federal Census, Tenth Census of the United States, 1880. (NARA microfilm publication T9, 1,454 rolls). Records of the Bureau of the Census, Record Group 29. National Archives, Washington, D.C, Year: 1880; Census Place: Lamar, Alabama; Roll: 17; Family History Film: 1254017; Page: 603A; Enumeration District: 132, Record for Rolland W. Cobb
- [S449] Ancestry.com, 1900 United States Federal Census, Year: 1900; Census Place: Vernon, Lamar, Alabama; Roll: 23; Page: 3A; Enumeration District: 0043; FHL microfilm: 1240023, Record for Rowland W Cobb