born 30 July 1719, died 26 June 1756
Facts and Notes
- Marriage: Susanna Elizabeth Schreyack
- Arrival: Between 1719 and 1749; USAB4,5
- Birth: 30 July 1719; Zweibrucken, Rheinland-Pfalz, GermanyB2,5
- Death: 26 June 1756; Bethel, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, USAB; See person note6,2,3,5
- Burial: After 26 June 1756; Lickdale, Lebanon County, Pennsylvania, USAB6,2,5
- Note: William Henry Egle, in his 1898 annual volume of Notes and Queries, makes mention of Francis Albert meeting a "violent death" on 26 June 1756, while plowing on the Fisher farm near Swatara, Pennsylvania, where he was "captured, scalped, and cruelly beaten to death by Indians." Egle mentions Francis Albert's death in a correction he was writing to the record for Mary Hunter. The 18th century researcher of the original erroneous record for Mary Hunter also incorrectly referred to Francis Albert and "Albert Francis" and indicated Francis Albert was born in Zweibrucken, Holland rather than Zweibrucken, Germany. While the accuracy of the researcher's portray of Albert's death cannot be verified, the gruesome nature of Francis Albert's death would likely have been perpetuated in the local folklore for many years and therefore may have been described correctly. The fact that Albert had a fatal encounter with Indians is corroborated in a Bethel Moravian Cemetery record, which indicates that "Franz" Albert was "murdered" by Indians on 26 June 1756.
- [S439] McNaull, Margaret, Personal Family Tree, McNaull, Margaret. Personal Family Tree. Privately held by Marianna Cobb, Arlington, Virginia, 1993.
These are copies of three separate genealogical records and a personal letter that were sent by Margaret McNaull to Marianna Cobb in Virginia in 1993. The copies were on file in the home of Mary Jane and Robert Reyes of Lorton, Virginia, as of 2014, Margaret McNaull Genealogical Records, Copies sent to Marianna Cobb on 11 May 1993.
- [S519] Ancestry.com, U.S., Find A Grave Index, 1600s-Current, Record for Franz Albert
- [S656] William Henry Egle, M.D., M.A, Notes and Queries: Historical, Biographical and Genealogical Relating Chiefly to Interior Pennsylvania; Annual Volume, 1898, Pg 8. This book was accessed on GoogleBooks (https://books.google.com/books?id=uMUxAQAAMAAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false) on 21 Dec 2016.
- [S488] Ancestry.com, U.S. and Canada, Passenger and Immigration Lists Index, 1500s-1900s, Filby, P. William, ed. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index, 1500s-1900s. Farmington Hills, MI, USA: Gale Research, 2012, Place: America; Year: 1719-1749; Page Number: 398, Record for Francis Albert
- [S677] Ancestry.com, Ancestry Family Trees, Database online, Record for Mary Jane Albert
- [S655] Ancestry.com, Pennsylvania and New Jersey, Church and Town Records, 1708-1985, Historic Pennsylvania Church and Town Records. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: Historical Society of Pennsylvania. Methodist Church Records. Valley Forge, Pennsylvania: Eastern Pennsylvania United Methodist Church Commission on Archives and History, Historical Society of Pennsylvania; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Collection Name: Historic Pennsylvania Church and Town Records; Reel: 1000, Record for Franz Albert