Mary Eliza Barr1,2,3,4,5,6
born 19 February 1829, died 7 January 1884
Painting of Miss Mary Eliza Barr attributed to George Caleb Bingham. (Courtesy of the Missouri Historical Society, St. Louis)
Facts and Notes
- Burial: Columbia Cemetery, Columbia, Boone County, Missouri, USAB7
- Religious Affiliation: Presbyterian4
- Birth: 19 February 1829; Columbia, Boone County, Missouri, USAB1,5,7
- Marriage: 23 September 1847; Middleton Glaise Singleton; Columbia, Boone County, Missouri, USAB8,5,6
- Residence: 1850; District 8, Boone County, Missouri, USAB; Age: 229
- Residence: 1860; Bourbon, Boone County, Missouri, USAB; Age: 3210
- Residence: 1870; Fulton, Callaway County, Missouri, USAB; Post Office: Fulton; Age: 4211
- Residence: 1880; Fulton, Callaway County, Missouri, USAB; Marital Status: Married; Relation to Head of House: Wife1
- Death: 7 January 1884; Columbia, Boone County, Missouri, USAB; She died from pneumonia at age 54.7,4,5
- [S397] Ancestry.com and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 1880 United States Federal Census, Year: 1880; Census Place: Fulton, Callaway, Missouri; Roll: 677; Family History Film: 1254677; Page: 540D; Enumeration District: 029; Image: 0503
- [S399] Ancestry.com, Missouri Marriage Records, 1805-2002
- [S435] Woodson, Robert S., Family Record, Woodson, Robert S.. Family Record. about 1928. Privately held by Mary Jane Reyes, Lorton, Virginia. 2014.
- [S436] Woodson, Robert S., Brief Family History of Robert S. Woodson, Woodson, Robert S.. Brief Family History of Robert S. Woodson. Privately held by Mary Jane Reyes, Lorton, Virginia, 2014, Robert Woodson states that Middleton Singleton attended Missouri State University in 1847. However, he probably meant the University of Missouri, which was established at Columbia in Boone County in 1839; Missouri State wasn't established until 1905.
- [S439] McNaull, Margaret, Personal Family Tree, McNaull, Margaret. Personal Family Tree. Privately held by Marianna Cobb, Arlington, Virginia, 1993.
These are copies of three separate genealogical records and a personal letter that were sent by Margaret McNaull to Marianna Cobb in Virginia in 1993. The copies were on file in the home of Mary Jane and Robert Reyes of Lorton, Virginia, as of 2014, Margaret McNaull Genealogical Records, Copies sent to Marianna Cobb on 11 May 1993.
- [S673] Ancestry.com, Missouri, Compiled Marriages, 1754-1850, Dodd, Jordan. Missouri Marriages to 1850. Electronic transcription of marriage records held by the individual counties in Missouri, Record for Mary Eliza Barr
- [S403] Ancestry.com, U.S., Find A Grave Index, 1600s-Current, Record for Mary Eliza Singleton
- [S675] Ancestry.com, Missouri, Marriage Records, 1805-2002, Missouri Marriage Records. Jefferson City, MO, USA: Missouri State Archives. Microfilm.
- [S363] Ancestry.com, 1850 United States Federal Census, Seventh Census of the United States, 1850; (National Archives Microfilm Publication M432, 1009 rolls); Records of the Bureau of the Census, Record Group 29; National Archives, Washington, D.C, Year: 1850; Census Place: District 8, Boone, Missouri; Roll: M432_392; Page: 368A; Image: 278, Record for Middle Singleton
- [S476] Ancestry.com, 1860 United States Federal Census, Year: 1860; Census Place: Bourbon, Boone, Missouri; Roll: M653_608; Page: 913; Image: 464; Family History Library Film: 803608, Record for M G Singleton
- [S471] Ancestry.com, 1870 United States Federal Census, Year: 1870; Census Place: Fulton, Callaway, Missouri; Roll: M593_764; Page: 333B; Image: 118236; Family History Library Film: 552263, Record for Middleton Singleton